From:
Jens Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 23:54:09 -0700
--- Molly Kathryn McGinn <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I quit the meds
> because I have CFS, the original reason for going
> paleo, and the seizures are made worse by the
> dextrost
> that is my best CNS stimulant.

You mentioned that the paleo diet didn't do anything
for your ADD. I think that can make sense, because ADD
probably has both elements of diet-based
hyperactivity, i.e. all kids get hyper when they eat a
lot of sugar, as well as a structural component as you
mentioned, i.e. some people are just more
"tight-wired" than others, and there isn't anything
that a diet is going to do about those kinds of
things.

I wonder, though, has the paleo diet had any effect on
the CFS? I ask as a follow sufferer, I suppose -- I
also have taken interest in the paleo diet not for
weight reasons but because of a CFS-type problem. I'm
also interested in whether it helped with seizures.
I've heard that in children seizures can sometimes be
controlled with a "ketogenic diet" where all
carbohydrates are eliminated, so it makes sense that
there could be some effect.

Jens