From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:19:13 EDT
In a message dated 6/17/03 1:01:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> craving more alcohol after a couple of drinks
> are probably carrying the genes associated with alcoholism and should not
> drink at all.

Interesting, and actually sounds quite plausible.  However, I still maintain
that there are thousands of other reasons one would crave more alcohol after a
couple of drinks.  Here are just a few:  one just wants to feel more and more
high and out of control but at a certain point, one doesn't even know what
one's doing (think blackout here) and then just keeps ordering more drinks; one
needs to "self medicate" during visits with spouse's unbearable relatives;
one's blind date does not look even remotely like the picture one was shown prior
to agreeing to the date and the list goes on and on.  Adrienne