From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:46:38 -0500
From: "Jens Wilkinson"
> my recollection was that your cortisol level was a
> bit high but that this was taken at like 9 am?

Was taken at 8 am (was something like 10 pts above the highest end of the
ref range, don't have the report at hand) and at midnight the same night
(fell right in the middle of the ref range).

> Cortisol levels fluctuate tremendously throughout the
> day and if my recollection is correct, early morning
> is the highest level.

Right.

>I don't think that a single
> measurement is usually considered reliable. If you
> want something clear you probably would have to get a
> 24-hour urine test done

Is a urine test *more* valid than a salivary test?

>But at
> least I'd check out this possibility before getting
> too panicked

Not really panicked but very concerned about the weight gain.  Would rather
eat a cow than look like one.  Also am concerned about possible detrimental
effects from elevated cortisol.  Read that aging in and of itself causes
high cortisol and low DHEA (but I'm sure this is referenced on people who
eat SAD).   Is 49 so old?

Theola