From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:47:31 +0900
On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 09:25  PM, Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
wrote:

> A friend of mine is affected by pollens in grasses , and i would like
> provide him with exemples of peoples who have dealt with this
> condition with
> a paleo diet .
> he is japanese and eat and are willing to eat a very wide varieties of
> foods
> , have been off wheat for a while now on my recomendation  but that
> was not
> enough to stop the symptoms , tho he improved .

Just recently I heard back from a former Japanese student of mine whose
wife has lots of trouble with allergies. I gave him a copy of
Neanderthin. They decided it was way to difficult and strange for them,
from a Japanese perspective. So I told him to simply stop eating bread,
sweets and junk food, which are all definitely not natural for
Japanese. His wife agreed, and her spring allergies were much better
this year. They still eat other foods like rice and tofu etc, but for
her just skipping bread helped a great deal.

> do you think quitting soya products like  soya sauce will be an
> important
> step ?

Soy does not seem to have nearly the negatives that grains do,
especially the way Japanese prepare it. One step at a time.

For me, when spring allergy time comes around, I go on a super low carb
diet, mainly meat and greens. It really helps.