From:
Craig Coonrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:04:01 -0700
On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Phosphor wrote:

> since aborigines buried some fruits and monkeys and birds eat over-ripe and
> hence fermented fruit, alcohol is pretty paleo from my point of view.

I'd have to disagree. All one has to do is look at the correlation between
the amount of time a culture has been exposed to alchohol, and the
incidence of alcohol addiction and alcohol related problems.

The longer the culture has been "civilized" the less incidence of alchohol
addiction and alchohol related problems. Italians for instance have a low
rate of alcohol addiction.

On the other hand, alcohol has wreaked havoc upon the Austrailian
Aborigines and the American Indians, two groups only recently exposed to
alcohol.

Clearly you can see Natural Selection at work here. The Italians for
instance have had thousands of years for the tendency to get wasted and
fall of a cliff to be selected out of their population. The Indians and
Aborignes have only recently embarked on the journey of dealing with
alcohol in their population.

Alcohol (or chemically speaking, yeast crap) is not paleo.

Craig