From:
Gregg Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 00:38:44 -0500
***********
From:    Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: gluten intolerance

>Living where I do here in Australia it's a little hard to come by beef
>raised exclusively on grains the way it is in the USA.

Richard-- that's not how beef is raised in the US.  The cattle feed on grass
until a few months before slaughter ... then they are brought to huge lots
(mostly the Midwest) where they are stuffed with grain (and often
antibiotics and other drugs).

There are quite a few farms/ranches, though, where you can find cattle that
are fed exclusively grass-- and which will sell directly to the consumer,
even in small amounts.  For anyone living in the Northeast, I can recommend
an excellent source or two.

On another note, I see that Andrew is back on his pitiful ad hominem
approach-- trashing both Sears and Cordain.  So sad ... he just doesn't get
it.