Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 03:20:18 -0600

RIch wrote:
   >Does the Kenwood TM 261A have keypad entry of frequencies?

NOt that I've found, though I thought the manual said it did.  My xyl
has one in her mobile.

I've found it a stone cold b*tch to program in fact, but a decent
radio once it's programmed.  I've still got some troubles with the
user interface however. TOo many things one might need like setting of
ctcss tones buried in the main operating menu <grrrr>.  NO speech and
pretty funky to program.  IT even confuses the xyl.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

If you put garbage in a computer nothing comes out but garbage.  But
this garbage, having passed through a very expensive machine, is
somehow enobled and none dare criticize it.