AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
VERA R CROWELL <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 13:29:01 -0500
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

Once more, with feeling: Poverty is a curse, repeat after me, Poverty is
a curse. The love of money is the root of all evil...not having money.
It is because of the love of money (one doesn't have to have any money
to love it) that people decide to steal, kill, destroy (familiar to
anyone?), lie, steal, rape, steal, pillage, steal, lie, kill, steal...etc.

Deuteronomy 8:17-18 (AMP)
17 And beware lest you say in your [mind and] heart, My power and the
might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.
18 But you shall [earnestly] remember the Lord your God, for it is He
Who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant
which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.

Now, in Deut. 28 are the blessings and curses; verses 1-14 are
blessings, verses 15-68 are curses. Many of the curses are economic ones.

Deuteronomy 28:15-21 (AMP)
15 But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God, being
watchful to do all His commandments and His statutes which I command you
this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you:
16 Cursed shall you be in the city and cursed shall you be in the field.
17 Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading trough.
18 Cursed shall be the fruit of your body, of your land, of the increase
of your cattle and the young of your sheep.
19 Cursed shall you be when you come in and cursed shall you be when you
go out.
20 The Lord shall send you curses, confusion, and rebuke in every
enterprise to which you set your hand, until you are destroyed,
perishing quickly because of the evil of your doings by which you have
forsaken me [Moses and God as one].
21 The Lord will make the pestilence cling to you until He has consumed
you from the land into which you go to possess.