AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 00:46:30 -0400
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

Hi Anita, this might be late, but I'll try!
My favorite styles of music are:
- Le Coupe-Decale
- La Prudencia
- Le cacher-Regarder
These are all very new styles of music from Ivory Coast (Cote D'Ivoire),
came up after the coup in 2002(when some soldiers rebels against the
goverment ). These soldiers traumatized the population and the musicians
found their way to support the nation. Since then, there are many songs and
styles of music back home. However i liked DON MIKE(Singer) commonly called
"the guru" who sung "la prudencia" just asking citizens to be prudent,
because the danger is still around. The latest one is "le caher-regarder"
by the same MYKE where he is warning us to hide="cacher"(French) and
look="regarder"(French) so we can analyze and clearly understand all these
deals toward peace in the country.
"Le coupe-Decale"(French) where: "Coupe"=to cut and "Decale"= to drag. This
style, created by DOUK SAGA with his song "Saga-Cite" is just for fun! But
he is talking about some young men who are utilizing their parent
belongings or stolen  credit cards to make a good jump in their life.(very
unfortunate,isn't it!).
All songs made from these styles are very interesting to listen and to
dance.

Moussa Bamba
UFIM-Inc.
(Ivorian Association of Madison)