AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:36:23 -0500
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

From: Anne Wilder <[log in to unmask]> 10/13/03 05:46PM >>>
Communities United
LaSup
I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY DUPLICATION

"What obligation does a hospital have to employ people who are the
same race as those it serves?"  "What role does race play in the
medical institutions of Dane County?"

We'll discuss these questions and others during a viewing of
Episode Two of "Matters of Race"  on Thursday, October 16 at 7
pm. This 1-hour segment called "Race Is, Race Ain't!" weaves
together personal memoirs of writers John Edgar Wideman and
Jane Lazarre with the story of staff at the  King-Drew County
Medical Center in Los Angeles who are working to reconcile power
imbalances within its diverse staff.

The event is free of charge and takes place at the Catholic
Multicultural Center, 1862 Beld St., Madison.

Sponsored by the Urban League of Greater Madison and Wisconsin
Public Television.  Email [log in to unmask] or call 265-9092 for
more information.
Anne Wilder
Community Outreach Manager
Wisconsin Public Television