Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:12:54 -0500
william <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I read that our bodies use chlorine to make hydrochloric acid, without
>which we cannot properly digest cooked meat (and maybe other food).
>[...]
>If you don't use salt you must eat totally raw.

Am I an alien perhaps:

Nearly all of the rare, medium, and well-done meats I've eaten during the
past year or so have had absolutely no added salt; not even spices. I've
avoided salt as much as possible on any food. A few times I've sucked
seasalt crystals and sipped saltwater, but the signals to do that have been
very unclear and more likely based on assumtions, so I've stopped doing
that. Looking back, I can't say that eating cooked meat without salt has
given me any indige
stion. On the contrary, it seems that cooked meat with
salt messes up my digestion. (It also seems to make me desire dairy,
perhaps because it reportedly drives out calcium from the body.)

Many natural foods contain hundred or thousands of milligrams of potassium,
which, according to what I've read, is most commonly combined with
chloride. I guess there's my source of chloride for HCl.

Fredrik