Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:49:19 -0500
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The availability of fat (or carb) decides how much  meat
>could be eaten by humans, without getting into protein toxicity (rabbit
>starvation).

Is protein toxicity really the same thing as rabbit starvation? It appears
to me that this is not the case. There's a book called "The SAS survival
handbook" written by John Wiseman (1986). I personally don't have the book
but the main library here in town were I live has a swedish translation of
it. The author describes a lot of different animals all over the world
including the rabbit. Here's my translation from swedish of some of the
text about these animals:

DANGER!
RABBIT STARVATION
Rabbit can give an
 easy catched meal, but their meat lacks certain vitamins
which are necessary för humans. [...] Fur hunters ate themselves literally
to death while a small quantity of green leaves would have saved them. This
can happen easily when the vegetatation is buried under the snow and
rabbits are the only food that's available.

Any comments?

Fredrik