Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 21:08:54 -1000
From:
Kirt Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
Bruce:

> Provide some evidence. I have many sources that say the
> nuts mentioned will sprout. Shelled peanuts, macadamias,
> cashews, and hazelnuts will not. Do you claim that even
> un-shelled "raw" brazils, walnuts, almonds, pecans, and
> pistachios get dried at high temperatures?

Yeah, many do. If you want to believe the pistashios or Brazil nuts you
are eating are "truly raw" go ahead. I have no reason to research them
for you. I don't think it matters that much.

> I get stops with raw and cooked food. I think most other
> people do too, except those eating SAD. So, the lack or
> delay of a "stop" does not imply heat. Nor does it imply
> lesser nutritional value. We can explain changes in our
> appetite with more complex theories.

Maybe. Maybe not. It's hardly worth having a debate about because there
nothing much but theories and no "proof".

> The experience of myself and other people provides abundant
> counter-examples plenty to that theory.

OK. The experience of myself and other people provides abundant
counter-examples plenty to that theory. This reminds me why I don't
post much, and try to keep it simple. ;)

> In short, you have
> not explained the phenomena to any degree.

I don't have an explanation. I am only saying that truly raw nuts are
harder to eat--they stop faster and more vividly. The same is true for
honey, fish, meat, bone marrow, etc.

> If you mean to
> imply that cooked food has less nutritional value or causes
> health problems (including obesity), you've failed to make
> your case.

I didn't mean to imply anything but what I said. You'll have to debate
the above with someone else I guess.

> The apparent inference did not sit well. Perhaps
> you mention it for other reasons than to create insecurity?

Insecurity? I mentioned that raw nuts have a more pronounced stop.
That's it. Nothing about the evils of cooked food, obesity, nutritional
value, etc

> Neither I nor 99.999999% of the world's population follow
> Instincto.

Me neither. So what?

> Reductionistic raw-foodist theories leave me
> cold. The amount of food required to get a stop is a SIGN.
> Nothing more. One can interpret it however you want. You
> can say cooked food has less nutritional value, so it does
> not satisfy as quickly. I can say it has more nutritonal
> value, so we like it more. I can say that cooking destroys
> toxins in raw foods (esp plant-based ones). I can say that
> destroying toxins lets us eat more while the toxins in raw
> food force us to eat less.

Read my posts over again. I mentioned that raw nuts stop harder.
Nothing more. Eat what you want. Please.

Cheers,
Kirt