Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 23:35:41 -0500
It's the July issue of Consumer Reports.  Says "our tests of 16 top-selling
fish-oil supplements were reassuring.  All those pills contained roughly as
much EPA and DHA as their labels promised.  None showed evidence of
spoilage, and none contained significant amounts of mercury, the worrisome
PCBs, or dioxin."

The Guide to the Ratings footnote says, "We tested all 16 products in our
laboratories for the Omega-3s EPA and DHA.  And we commissioned two
independent labs to test them for mercury, dioxin, dioxin-like PCBs, and
decomposition."

CR says with no significant differences to choose based on cost.  The 16
products tested, and listed from least expensive to most:

1. Kirkland Signature Natural Fish Oil (Costco)
2. Member's Mark Omega 3 Fish Oil (Sam's Club)
3. Spring Valley Natural Fish Oil Concentrate
4. Walgreen's Fish Oil Concentrate
5. Vitasmart Naturals Fish Oil Concentrate (Kmart)
6. CVS Pharmacy Natural Fish Oil Concentrate
7. Natrol Omega-3
8. Sundown Fish Oil
9. GNC Fish Body Oils
10. Nature's Bounty Salmon Oil
11. Rite Aid Natural Fish Oil
12. YourLife Natural Fish Oil Concentrate
13. Country Life Natural Omega-3 Fish Body Oils
14. Eckerd Natural Fish Oil Concentrate
15. Spectrum Essentials Omega 3 Norwegian Fish Oil
16. Solgar Omega-3 "700"

Theola