Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:33:17 +0300
< That's why I'm wondering just how "necessary" some of these things are.
Some
> people remain quite healthy on meat/fat only diets.  If we do not accept
the
> "one must eat 6-11 servings of whole grains per day" recommendations, then
why
> do we  accept the "recommended daily allowances" put out by the same
people?>

it could be argued either way i think, and i dont know my own position
really. But it seems that any tribes who had access to plants tended to eat
quite a wide variety, if not a large amount of any one plant.
the exception would be the Inuit and vikings, picts etc, due to the great
cold, but even then they had some plants to eat during the warmer months.
our northern european colleagues could comment on some of the plants they
had access to, like cloudberries, angelica.

andrew