Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 19:07:36 -0800
From:
Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry <[log in to unmask]>
 > > Fish alone won't do it. The only way to come with farmed meat close to
 > > paleo beasts is to add LA and LNA in a good ratio.
 > > And you won't be able to do that without adding some flax or perilla
 > > in the commercial world.
 >
 > Do you think this is necessary with respect to grass-fed meat as well?

It depends what grass fed stand for . WIld animals don't stay in one place
and eat all the potential food that is there till exhaustion like a cow in
an human sown field .
The larger they are the more they have to roam on large territorry to feed
optimally what their instinct guide them to eat .
Grass is a  reductionnist human concept,  herbivorous animals knows better
and have more "words" for grass than the inuits have for snow . Litle bit of
this and more of that ....
It is interresting to constat than moose have a great ratio of fats ,
because they are one a few wild animals who have still access to a
diversified and unspoiled by humans environments ( they favor marches and
wet forests not very suitable for humans abuse )

other herbivorous like deer have to deal with humans made prairies or
woodland ( that have been logged)
I have goats that i walk everyday to diversify their diets overwise they end
with just few plants to eat .It is very interesting to watch them looking
for the best .when they have the choice they eat the tip of the  branches or
even the tip of the leaves . In their enclosed aera they just eat everything
because it is limited .they are know to eat bark for ex ,i never saw them
eating it ,i suppose they do when there is not that much goodies outthere
for them .

we definitivelly have to go farther in our understanding of what a natural
diet is .
an other exemple of our limitations  is this omega 3's thing .In my opinion
there is more to quality of fats than the ratio between the differents
analytically recognised fatty acids . For me there is  still a world between
the fats of a still really wild animal and the domestic ones raised on grass
only .
I know also that the quality of that fat is not going to be recognised only
by an analytic molecular content of it .
ever science need more tools ( vibrations or whatever perspective ) or we
need  to go back to a sensual , emotional and  spiritual connection to our
food

jean-claude