C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 07:28:15 -0400
Can't remember if I sent this to the list or not.

Beth T the OT

Subject: Research needs for Americans with disabilities - Data gathering
through new web site
From: "John G. Reiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 10:46:43 -0500

A new Web site has been developed by the government's Interagency
Committee on Disability Research (ICDR) to gather comments and
recommendations on research needs for Americans with disabilities, the
U.S. Department of Education announced today.

The committee, chaired by Steven James Tingus, director of the Education
Department's National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation
Research (NIDRR), produced the site to help ensure that federal research
efforts meet the needs of the disability community.

The site can be found at
http://www.icdr.us/

"We want to make it easier for individuals with disabilities, their
family members and other stakeholders to let us know what research
issues we should consider," Tingus said.  "We will use this feedback to
generate recommendations on research and development that will improve
the lives of people with disabilities."

Upon opening the home page, the reader sees in bold letters, "Send your
comments to the ICDR."

Clicking that link takes the reader to a comment form where individuals
may offer their ideas about access to technology, education, employment,
community life, health care and other needs.

Moderator's note:
While the announcement, above, uses the term "disability", it is my
understanding that the committee is also interested in input regarding
research needs for children and youth with special health care needs (as
well as research needs for those with disabilities)
John Reiss, List Moderator