From:
Daniel R Schimmel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel R Schimmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:26:02 -0400

I just finished a week on an Aggressor live-aboard dive boat in the Bay
Islands.  When I first booked the trip the Aggressor office staff
assured me that they knew about gluten intolerance and could handle it.
Nevertheless I prepared a 1-page summary of the Do's and Don't's that
applied to me, and sent this thru my travel agent to Aggressor
headquarters.  I also prepared a copy of this same paper which I carried
with me and gave to the cook as soon as I got on board the boat.

The kitchen staff on the boat was most helpful.  They forgot themselves
in preparing one dinner entre, but remembered in time to warn me off and
prepare something else for me.  They also sometimes prepared special
between-dive snacks for me when their regular snack was not GF.  The
only time that hurt was when they had to give me a bowl of fresh fruit
to substitute for the conch fritters everyone else was snacking on.

I haven't tried any other live-aboards since my diagnosis, but I would
expect that others would be equally responsive.  One clue would be the
attitude of the booking office.  The Aggressor office staff knew what I
was talking about from the start.