EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Dr K. Schneider" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 18:25:19 -0500
To: <[log in to unmask]>
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [StudentAffairs.com News] News From StudentAffairs.com
Sender: [log in to unmask]
        <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 07:49:41 -0400 (EDT)

1.  July Website-of-the-Month
2.  Upgraded Job/Resume Pages
3.  Summer E-Journal
4.  Fall 2002 Online Courses
5.  Online Study on "Group Interactions on the Internet"

1.  The July 2002 Website-of-the-Month is the List of Comparative
Analysis Applications, a site designed to help educators evaluate and
select over 50 different online delivery software applications such as
WebCT and Blackboard.  The URL is:
http://www.c2t2.ca/landonline/evalapps.asp

2.  We are in the final stages of upgrading the Jobs/Resume pages of
StudentAffairs.com.  Some of the new features for job searchers will
include the ability to conduct more refined job searches and
automatically e-mailing resumes to posted job openings.  For schools,
they will have control over their accounts such as changing passwords
and the ability to edit position listings themselves.  More information
will be sent to the Announce List once the site is activated.

3.  The summer edition of our e-journal, "Student Affairs Online," will
be posted to StudentAffairs.com in the next two weeks.  An announcement
will be sent to this list when it is available.

4.  We are finalizing our Fall 2002 online professional development
course schedule.  So far, these will include programs by Gary Pavela,
Tammy Lenski (Campus Mediation and Conflict Management), Kathleen
Manning, and Wendy Wallace (Supervision Principles & Skills).  There
will also be a program for new Residence Hall Directors and a workshop
entitled, "Going Beyond Basic Diversity Training."  A more in-depth
description of the total Fall 2002 schedule will be posted in August.

5.  Researchers at Rice University are conducting online research on
"Group Interactions on the Internet."  The survey is for people who
participate regularly in interactions such as chatting, posting
messages, engaging in email exchanges, or gaming with others using the
internet.   If you are interested in taking the survey, go to:
http://www.surveypro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=2458

We, at StudentAffairs.com, hope everyone is having a relaxing summer.

Stuart Brown, President
StudentAffairs.com

---
StudentAffairs.com is the premier site on the Internet for college
student affairs, offering job listings, Internet resources, an online
exhibit hall, and interactive courses. StudentAffairs.com currently
averages 240,000 page views per month from 22,000 distinct hosts.
To find out how to be a sponsor, visit: http://StudentAffairs.com/ads

Copyright (c) 1997-2002 StudentAffairs.com. All Rights Reserved.