From:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 13:44:43 -0700

Heres a bunch of responses from cool people. Your mileage may vary. Thanks
all!

I use Balance
Outdoor Bars(except chocolate, as I am also lactose intolerant and not good
with chocolate flavours). The company( Balance.com), could not confirm 100%
GF - but are supposed to come back to me on the matter. I have used them for
years now and no problem.

check out Omegasmartbar.com

Balance Bars are GF

Bumblebars are definitely gluten free

Detour or UTurn

Gen Soy chocolate/peanut butter flavor, Southern Style Chunky Peanut Butter
Fudge  and Pure Golden Honey Creamy Peanut Yogurt

Whole Foods' 365 brand Everyday bars.  One celiac web site said Tiger's Milk
bars are GF

Many of the Atkins bars are
also GF (peanut butter is a good one) But beware of one thing: Atkins uses
large quantities of
polydextrose in their bars, which is GF -- but can cause gassiness and
diarrhea in some people.

My favorite, hands down, is the Break Bar by Glutano

Omega Bars- shockingly bright yellow wrapper.  Made with real food
ingredients.  $2.50/bar.  They say gluten free on the label.

There is a company called Biogenesis that makes some that I think are
good, they are called UltraLean Gluco-Support Bars, and they come in
chocolate and spice flavors.  They have no gluten, dairy, or soy, all of
which are issues for me.  I haven't found any other brand.

This is the info on contents from their website, or see
http://www.bio-genesis.com:

Luna Bars for the main, are GF.  I also buy Balance Bars and know that the
yogurt covered ones are not GF.