From:
Stacey Nagel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stacey Nagel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:55:10 -0500

I just wanted to let you all know that Celiac will be featured as a
storyline on an episode of "Doc" on PAX TV. The story revolves around a
teenage girl whose symptoms first lead to a diagnosis of anorexia. Doc
Cassidy (played by Billy Ray Cyrus) re-thinks the diagnosis and eventually
comes up with Celiac.

Although all the details and facts cannot necessarily be worked into an
hour of television drama, they do mention that the disease is
underdiagnosed and can mask itself as other diseases.

We're working on putting celiac links onto the PAX website. The episode
will air on Sunday, May 11 at 8p E/P (7p C/M) and again on Wednesday, May
21 at 9p E/P (8p C/M)on your local PAX station.

Stacey
Coral Springs, FL