From:
Amy Kravitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 18:21:22 EST

Hi to the list(Those that live in Central NJ may apply),

   I live in Monmouth County, NJ. There is a restaurant right over the
border, in  in Old Bridge NJ, in Middlesex Co. called Pooket which opened not
too long ago(adjacent to the municipal complex).

   I had eaten there once previously before I started the GF diet.  I was
hoping to possibly go there tonight with my husband for dinner. I just kind
of assumed that it may be easier to eat Thai on GF diet rather than other
cuisines.

  I called in advance, and spoke with the chef concerning my dietary
condition. While he said that currently most of the sauces are pre-made and
contain some wheat base, over the next month, they will be adding new sauces
w/o wheat to the menu to accomodate celiacs and diabetic folks. He has said
that in recent months quite a few folks with these specialized diets have
inquired about eating there.

   I just thought I'd share some good news with Thai lovers in my area. He
said that currently all the curry dishes are ok for GF folks to eat, but they
will be adding more very soon.

   I thought this is great, and I hope other restaurants all over start to
recognize the needs of folks with specialized diets.

   Thanks,
   Amy Kravitz [log in to unmask]