From:
Barbara C Wojcik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barbara C Wojcik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 14:32:58 -0600

I love this list. I heard from more than 30 fellow Peep aficionados, assuring me that Peeps are GF, along with other candies made by First Born in PA.

From the www.justborn.com website FAQs page:
Are your products gluten-free?
"Our candies do not contain wheat, rye, barley, or oats. The modified food starch used in the manufacture of our jelly bean candies is cornstarch. To the best of our knowledge, all of our candies are gluten-free."

This link leads to the Just Born website, a virtual treasure trove of Peep info...

http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/about/ingredients.html

Several listers shared their favorite way of enjoying Peeps:

1. by the boxful

2. let them get stale and eat when nice and chewy

3. available in dye-free white

Thanks to all -

Barbara

MN