From:
Redcat Adler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Redcat Adler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:53:49 -0500

WOW WOW WOW
I got a ton of e-mails re: food intolerance testing. In short I will
summarize. I do not have a list of responses...just a general summary.

Seems the majority of people feel this test is innacurate..and that
rotation diet, and food elimination, and reintroduction is a better bet.
Many people said to keep a food diary of course, and many others said to
start with just a few foods....see how I react, then add things in one at a
time. What I don't get is how someone could live off ONE food item for
three days....especially if you are having delayed reactions....anyway....

The people that did believe in the food intolerance testing (NOT allergy
testing per se) were BIG believers. I mean BIG TIME. Said it saved their
health or the health of others they love. Interesting....so many people
think these tests are very innacurate, and others swear they saved their
health. Guess I expected that. Isn't life delicious.

You can do a search for labs that offer these tests. I did one two years
ago called ALCAT. York Labs (yorkallergyusa.com) offers intolerance
testing, so does a lab in Virginia...they do ELISA/Act Biotechnologies
test. 800-553-5472. Also Immunolabs does this test. These tests show
delayed responses to food, not allergy/attack..ie immediate reactions.
Often you can choose from a panel of like 40 foods, 100 foods, or more.
There are intolerance tests for chemicals and molds, etc. also.

When I tested myself 2 years ago...I showed a ton of intolerances..yet show
no real food allergies on medical allergy tests. I did not stick to the
list back then..so I can't say whether it was accurate or not. (DUH) Seemed
very far fetched to me at the time..so I did not adhere.....(Rocket
scientist that I am..spending money for advice I ignore...LOL)

Anyway, it seems that eating cardboard and tree bark for weeks on end might
be the asnwer...LOL...(Kidding...lol....can you say tree gluten.....HE HE)
Water and some lemon juice may be my diet for the next 5 years....(not
really)...but wow I would have flat abs....yahoooooo. :-)

Thanks everyone...this was helpful. I will probably take/order another
round of test.....who knows. Expensive for me...but could be worth it....
Have a happy gut day!
REDCAT
Baltimore