From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 2003 11:30:27 -0700
No, you won't have any problem. In fact, assuming you're talking about a
simple patch board, that transfers your rear or internal USB connections to
a front noise 5.5 inch drive bay panel, and you are not referring to a hub,
you may well get USB 2 speeds from your 1.1 patch board.

There is no difference in the cabling, or the conectors, between 1.1 and
2.0. What is important is the quality of the cabling. If your patch board
uses certified 1.1 cabling then you will get USB 2 speeds. However, few USB
1.1 devices are certified as such. That doesn't mean they can't deliver
USB2 performance, ...it is a try it and see sort of thing.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com