Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 10:01:01 +1300
Mark, thanks for your tip - I'll try that out. I assume that either black
lead would do, but I'll use the one nearest the yellow.

Re using switches to power-down hard drives, I only ever do it when the
sytem is full off, because that's how my Trios drive selector works also.

And I've been using the switches solely on the yellow lead for about a year
now without ill effects - must be lucky I guess - it didn't occur to me that
there might be more than one wire involved in powering a HDD.

The whole idea was to reduce the electrical load and heat when the drives
weren't required, as the system is pretty well maxed out with all the stuff
I have running.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown