Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:07:53 +1300
Thanks to Kyle, Mark, Mike and David for their input on this query.

After reading their posts, it seems that using the old machine as a server
is out of the question - the PC isn't going to be up to it.

Linux is also off the menu - my guy has a hard enough time running W98.

The reason I asked is that a friend has an antique machine acting as a
repository, which a number of us access to upload and download software.

But I see now that the requirements for a 'storehouse' and a working
database are vastly different.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown