From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 16:48:50 -0400
From: Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>

> There's iodine in eggs, meat and certain vegetables as well, but not as
> much as in salt water fish and seaweed

I learned a neat trick on my cancer list re. iodine.  I had been paleo for
many years and was not using any salt at all; my blood work showed normal
NA, so I had not interest in eating salt but I had no idea if my body was
getting enough or too much iodine from my diet.

A member of my cancer list told me how she gets all the iodine she needs,
without overdosing:  she goes to the drugstore or supermarket pharmacy and
buys an 89 cent bottle of iodine.  Be careful if you do this, it will stain
clothing.  At night, before bed, she takes her bottle of iodine and paints a
circle on the fattest part of her body... her tummy right below her navel.

The iodine circle is about one inch in diameter.  After it dries, she jumps
in bed.  In the morning, if the iodine has disappeared, the body has
absorbed it and may require more, so she does the iodine painting again that
night and any successive night until she wakes up and the orange circle is
still there.

I followed her advice and tried it.  The first two nights the iodine was
absorbed, the third night it remained the following morning so I stopped
"painting" for six months then tried it again.  After six months I only has
to paint the iodine on for one night.  I remember to do this about twice a
year.

Kath