From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 15:46:12 -0700
Ray the Neander-Guy has said:
> The beneficial effects of wine such as the anti-oxidant flavanoids can be
> obtained from grape juice, without the risk.

Does that apply to both red and white grape juice drinks?

Of concern to me, as a person with Diabetes AND struggling to maintain
proper weight, is the number of carbohydrates that would effect my blood
glucose level compared to wine.

The wine I make ends up with a glucose reading of 2.9 mmol/L (52) and tends
to lower my BGs, not spike them.

Also, a big time worry, would be the lipogenic effect of "juice" since I've
already done the high triglyceride, low HDL and high-normal TCHOL with
heart attack, quad-bypass, stroke and sundry other delights.

Finally, with lots of meat, eggs, veggies, berries and higher fibre
portions of fruit (eg. partially de-juiced grapefruit sections, apple skins
without eating the flesh etc. -- all my lipid profiles and my A1c are
perfectly normal -- so to throw juice into the equation -- hmmm, worries
me a tad.

Grant
Who is going to get some organic grapes and stick them thru the juicer and
use his BG meter to measure the glucose level --- I wonder if the skins
from the squished grapes would be good mixed with the next batch of
pemmican?
----->
Grant         [log in to unmask]
http://www.mountain-inter.net/~magnuson/