VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:31:16 -0000
I think to say that to say it is "it is 100% inaccessible."
is overstating things, and perhaps indicative of the ability
of a certain level of user.  (Or perhaps U.K. JAWS users
just know how to use JAWS better - smile!)

However that said, I have it on very good authority that
Microsoft themselves have admitted that it does not meet
ideal accessibility requirements.

It is a Beta, and it does come from a newly acquired
company.  A beta is purely a test stage in a product life
cycle which is pre-release and specifically for testing
purposes.

I also have it on very good authority that Freedom
Scientific and Microsoft are discussing the accessibility
issues of this product.

So please, let's give them all a break, and see what Beta 2
brings.

All that said, it is an absolutely excellent product and, if
you are able to, it is well worth getting some sighted
assistance to set up.  It can be scheduled to scan your
system at predetermined times, and the basically forgotten
about.

(Mine does it at 2am each day, and is set to fix any spyware
found automatically.  I can then review reports as and
when.)

Microsoft do want feedback, but please make it
"constructive".  And be assured that accesibilitry is top of
the agenda.

George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.