VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 21:32:39 +0000
Hi,
  No, I don't think you know the point.  I need a scanner but I need one for my BrailleNote.  The only one I can use is called the ScannaR.  I understand a scanner costs about 50 bucks but the point I'm making is that I can't use a general scanner because 1, it involves so much clean up, and with a screen reader it's easier to walk away.  ScannaR has 7 tactile buttons and will scan any text document PERFECTLY because I called and asked.  Face it, if it didn't scan it right, there's really no sense in even making it because if someone is blind, how are they going to look at the print and say "Oh, ok, this is wrong and correct it on their BrailleNote's?" and  does any other scanner have a hard drive to store 500000 pages of text? No.  So back to my original question, where can I get the ScannaR, made by Pulsedata Human Ware cheaper than $3299.00? Does anyone have one? And if this is the case, can you please give me some background info on how it works? How do you transfer files? PCMCIA? Serial? Ethernet? Infra-red? Right now, I'm not interested in a regular scanner, it's not worrth the time!

Cody