VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 18:20:39 -0400
Hi all,
Well, I have a client who's reading machine software that a blind person would use is totally shot, the floppy disk used to install the software is no good, and the software is out of warranty.
Now, here's what he wants to do.  He wants to use his HP all in 1 scanner/printer/coppier which is what he has.  Will someone tell me step by step how to do that?
He'd have to go into the scanner program and then do what from there?  He'd have to scan the image of the page, and then what from that point to convert it to text and read it in notepad?
I need key stroke by key stroke.  He can no longer read anything now because of this software being shot.  He is going to save up to buy a new version of the software from the company in July, so I hope to be able to help him at least read in the way I mentioned above till July.
He's using Windows XP Home Edition, and he has Window Eyes 4.5 and it's a 2.6 gig processor with 256 meg of ram.  It's an E-machine computer.
Harry