Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:41:29 +1100
Peter, what if you added the BOOTSECT.DOS file. My system has in the
root directory
AUTOEXEC.BAT 0
CONFIG.SYS   0
IO.SYS   0
MSDOS.SYS    0
BOOTSECT.DOS  512
NTDETECT.COM  45,124
Ntldr             222,368

Regards,
Alan Priol

Here I go again group. I searched the web, tried various combinations
and still can't get it done. I want to create an LS-120 or ZIP disk that
will boot an XP recovery console. Here is what I tried so far:

Format a ZIP or LS-120 disk from XP.
Add the following files to it: boot.ini, NTLDR, NTDETECT.COM and even my
RAID driver naming it NTBOOTDD.SYS

The disk starts booting, then the system resets and starts the boot
process all over again.

I am willing to boot from CD-ROM if that is easier. Since the recovery
console is only about 6MB in size, there seem no reason that an LS-120
or ZIP disk would not handle it. Has anyone done this?

Thanks for any feedback.

Peter