Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 23:05:45 +1100
---- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Shkabara" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Help with new machine

> I just went through a similar construction project with my new computer.
> My system uses the Intel D845PEBT2 motherboard - simiilar to yours. As I
> understand it, if the AGP board fits the connector, then it should work.

It is pretty much true in most often cases, however, there are few AGP4x or
AGP4x looking cards that won't fit into the bill.  One SiS chip AGP card
(SiS 305 if I remembered), may come with AGP4x interface, but truly only a
AGP2x 3.3v card, plug such card in will damage the mobo.  Also I know a
famous brand card has one of their early card with this problem as well (I
can't name it, sorry).

Jun Qian

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml