From:
Bruce Kleisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:20:03 -0400
"Eva Hedin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > Many factors conspire to make processed milk unhealthy.
> > -Bruce Kleisner
>
> since milk is not...meant/fit for humans, does it really matter?
> The only one who needs and thrives from cows milk is the calf.

Drs. Weston Price, J.R. Crewe, and William Campbell Douglas
refute the claim that humans don't thrive on RAW (un-heated
and un-processed) milk. And, yes, it matters, because your
belief that dairy products damage health mainly applies to
processed milk.

I don't blindly accept paleo beliefs, so I wanted to point
out why I think modern milk causes harm. (heated multiple
times, old, dirty, low in fat even "whole milk", fortified
with toxic "vitamins", homogenized, increasingly pressure-
cooked or ultra-pasteuriezed, plastic jugs and cardboard
cartons; animals poorly fed, drugged, injected, confined,
and abused...)

I find it more productive to look at other variables that
affect health than to blame traditional foods consumed by
healthy tribes for thousands of years. We do not have to
adapt to raw milk. Most problems come from processing.

Regards,
Bruce Kleisner