Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:51:34 -0400
When I switched to eating lowcarb then mainly paleo, my cholesterol
naturally fell from around 199-201 to 131.

I eat as much fat as I want - all visible fat on meat, for example.  Perhaps
grains and other foreign substances in processed foods and man made fats are
the real cause of raised cholesterol levels?

Paula H.

Finally, serum cholesterol levels for hunter-gatherers
are astonishingly low by modern standards--in the
101-146 mg/dl range. (See Eaton et al. [1988, pp.
742-745] for the tables the preceding data comes
from.)

If one's goal is to try to regain the readings of our
paleo ancestors, then what is to be made of this?