From:
krosenth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:32:12 -0500
From: "Richard Geller" <[log in to unmask]>

> Fredrik, I know yoghurt isn't paleo but what is really so bad with it
> anyway? Fermented milk products aren't necessarily dangerous...and may
even
> be paleo (aside from the pasteurization process)

Richard, from the viewpoint of a woman who had cancer, I can tell you that
the positive part of yogurt is the good gut bacteria in it, but the bad part
of yogurt is the growth hormones.

All bovine milk products contain growth hormones - they are there to make
baby cows grow.  Those same hormones are a match to the human body and cause
our cells to grow faster than they normally would.  All adults appear to
have some cancer but their immune systems keep the cancer from getting out
of control.  When people consume milk products (w/ the possible exception of
Masai, etc.consuming unpasturized milk), they are risking the increased
growth of cancer.  Hormonal cancers, i.e. breast and prostate. are very
susceptible to milk products.  In fact, Dr. Jane Plant, a researcher in
England, cured her breast cancer by a strick avoidance of all milk products
and wrote a book about it.

I'm wondering if Fredrik would benefit from purchasing a good probiotic mix
from a health food store and keeping the capsules in the refrigerator?  The
acidolpholis, etc. would repopulate his gut w/ good bacteria and perhaps
yogurt won't be as appealling at it currently is.  I agree that he is in
tune w/ his body and his body was probably telling him something.

Kath
P.S.  There are studies to back up my comments re. milk but I'm not sure if
they are on this computer.