CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Discussions on the writings and lectures of Noam Chomsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 20:36:24 +1000
>It was written:
Ages ago Noam conducted a series of debates with other leading theorists of
>the mind:
>
>One was Skinner.  Another was Piaget.  I think there were two or three others.
> Maybe Ellul.  The Mind has become an enormous industry.
>
>Would anyone else here like to see those debates revisited in the light of
>intervening research and theory?
>
>It would be very hard to decide on candidates.  At least at the star
t, Noam
>would be the best one to make the nominations.
>
>I would offer for consideration people like: Pribram, Gardner, Lefebvre,
>Edelman - recent Peirce studies...
>
>Harvey Wheeler
>
>This is music to my mind! What a great idea!

 In 1976 as a post grad student in psycho-linguistics/ neuropsychology I me
Noam and other greats at the Lenneberg Symposium. It was an awesome gathering.

Today the EEG feedback realm has many insightful geniuses, as well as some
of the researchers at Harvard. The debate needs to include the very latest
on neurotransmission, otherwise there is a tendency to ramble too far from
the biological realities!

Bea
Response Ability, & Irlen Centre - Gold Coast
Bea Pullar, Clinical & Educational Neuropsychologist
Helping People be The Best They Can Be!
Improving Reading, Learning & Performance
Professional Speaker & Writer