C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 07:36:42 -0400
Is the color wrong on the print or on the screen.  We find our computer
screen doesn't always do the digital camera pix justice.  They look better
with a good high quality print.

Beth t.

Subject: Re: oh, am i frustrated. digital camera

On Monday 04 Aug 2003 2:26 am, you wrote:
>   i paid a small fortune for this cam. it takes good
> photos of everything except what i actually purchased
> it to photograph. (coins)
>   i have some 5 cent pieces that have toned really
> nicely. if ugly, toning is like tarnish, but,
> sometimes the process gives coins a nice color. i have
> some realy nice violet, aqua marine, and multicolored
> ones. i am trying to take close ups of these coins and
> i get good sharp detail photos, with not close to the
> actual colors. my wife an i have tried and tried.
>    do any of you know anything about this kind of
> problem with digital cams?

Can you e-mail me one of your pics, and a description of what you think is
wrong with it (or photograph it with something "white" in the shot - this
will let me see any "colour shift" occuring and adjust accordingly.)

Another thing you could try is taking the photo outside with no flash.

Cheers

Deri