C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Toale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:15:45 EDT
Hi all -

Let me say that this has been a great exchange of ideas.  The thing that I
would like to add is simply: Where is this person's personal acceptance of
there own disability.  I have come to see and understand for myself that
unless I accept myself for the person that I am I will always have a sense of
prejudice towards others.  This doesn't matter whether our difference is skin
color or the way that my disability looks to others or for that matter what
my economic status is.  I can't sight any research on this it has just been
my personal experience.

Beth

Have a great day

Beth