C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 00:25:41 -0600
I don't want to sound like I don't care about anybody, but to me, I will
age when I age, mainly because there's going to be nothing I can do
about it, just like what my parents are doing now.  My Dad has bad knees
and could be in a wheelchair in 5 years, but we aren't sweating it
because life won't just stop than.  Also you must understand, that I'm
just lucky to be living and be as good as I am, after what happened
during my birth.  They weren't expecting me to be even a quarter as good
as I am, so I'm very thankful.  I might need a power chair and
communication device, but this is a lot better than being brain dead and
depending on life supports in the nursing home.  Again I'm not being
rude and cold hearted, but sometimes we (even myself) tend to forget how
fortunate we are.

Thanks,
Anthony

Visit me at http://www.anthonyarnold.net/