AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Senge, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 15:15:25 -0800
Katherine,

Personally, I'd think simple to start with.  You mentioned she can use
the keyboard with sufficient success.  I think I'd go there first and
experiment with the keyboard adjustments under the control panel
accessibility options.  Things like adjusting key duration, sticky keys,
and mouse keys may be sufficient to get her up and going.  If the
keyboard can be adjusted to accommodate her, then it is a matter of
learning the keyboard commands to run the applications.  If adjusting
the keyboard using the built-in accessibility options doesn't work
sufficiently well enough, then I would look at more advanced
technologies like voice recognition.

Jeff

Jeffrey C. Senge
Information & Computer Access Program Coordinator
California State University, Fullerton