VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 01:21:15 -0500
From:
Catherine Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Dear vicug listers,
A person of my acquaintance is currently seeking employment as a reader
for
blind persons. Three of us are using her already and she is very
excellent, patient,
able to keep on track, remember what she is supposed to be looking for and
willing to locate things within material.
If you know of anyone within the five boroughs of NYC who needs this
service and can
afford to pay for it, please contact me via email. Her financial
circumstances will not allow her to do volunteer reading so whoever can't
afford to pay need not respond. However, if you would like a
reliable,
steady person reading for you on a regular or intermitent basis (not
necessarily every
single week if you don't have the need), please let me know. The person is
a former teacher. She reads with skill and patience and isn't distracted
every five seconds.
So if you have blind friends or contacts who might be able to use this
service, please
have them contactt me.
Thank you.
Catherine