From:
Jim Forestello <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:55:41 -0600

Sorry to take so long to summarize.  My original post regarded whether or
not SBR's was GF or not.  Having found the sauce, and loving it on just
about everything, a post came across stating it was NOT GF.  I contacted the
company and was told the sauce itself is GF, however, it is not produced on
"dedicated lines".  My question to all of you was:  Will you continue using
the sauce?  I received 20 posts.  The majority of you stated you will
continue using the sauce.  The general consensus was, if there is cleaning
between products on undedicated lines (in this case there is) then most of
you feel safe using it.  One new Celiac stated they will not risk using it.
One extremely sensitive Celiac had a terrible reaction to the sauce and
recommends an alternative in "Frank's Red Hot Sauce". One person stated if
the product is produced by Ken's (it is), they will not use it stating they
had received correspondence from Ken's stating, "Ken's does not choose to
deal with the gluten issue.  They were sorry that I (a celiac) couldn't eat
their products."  As for myself, I love spicy food and plan to continue
using the sauce and will definitely pick up some of the "Frank's".  Thanks
to everyone for their response/advice!
Debbie in San Antonio