From:
"Beth J. Hillson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 11:34:02 -0400

Dear ListServe Members,

May presents all sorts of opportunities to celebrate –Mother’s Day, Memorial
Day, proms and graduations, just to mention a few.

We have several specials -- INCLUDING WAFFLE CONES! -- to help with all the
festivities.

Wendy has created a delicious LEMON AND LIME JELLO CAKE using our OLD
FASHIONED CAKE AND COOKIE MIX.  It’s light, yummy, easy to make and sure to
be a hit with everyone.  (The recipe is below.)  Other celebratory cakes
that use this mix include our Famous Coffee Cake and our signature Blueberry
Bundt Cake.

#140. THE OLD FASHIONED CAKE AND COOKIE MIX is on special for $1.88 per bag
this month.   (All three recipes will be included with each order.)

Also on special:

#110.  MUFFIN & SCONE MIX is $1.88 per bag. Treat Mom to wonderful scones
and pancakes made from this mix.

#145.  ANGEL FOOD CAKE MIX is $2.25 per bag.   Great by itself or topped
with  sliced strawberries.  Now with tips for making a foolproof angel food
cake.

#510.  GLUTEN-FREE PANTRY HEAT-AND-EAT PIZZA CRUST IS $2.79 (SAVE $.50)
Just add your toppings, heat and enjoy.

#385.   CERRONE ICE CREAM CONES are $6.09 (Save $.70)  Take them with you
when you visit your local ice cream parlor.

#269.  MOTHER’S MOUNTAIN HICHORY BARBECUE SAUCE is $3.40 (Save $.39)
Perfect for all of your barbecue dishes.

PLEASE NOTE:  MEALS IN CUPS should be in our warehouse by May 7.  We
apologize for the delay and for those of you who called, thank you for your
patience.

LEMON- LIME JELLO CAKE (Adapted from a recipe in Kraft Food Magazine)

2 Bags GFP OLD FASHIONED CAKE AND COOKIE MIX (#140)
2 cups boiling water
1, 4 oz. package Jello Lemon Gelatin
1, 4 oz. package Jello Lime  Gelatin
1, 8 oz. container Cool Whip

Prepare two 9 inch round cakes according to package directions. Let cool.

Pierce each cake with a fork at 1/2 inch intervals. Add 1 cup of boiling
water to each Jello package. Stir well to make sure all of Jello has
dissolved.  Pour lemon over 1 cake layer and lime over other cake layer.
Refrigerate several hours until firm.

To unmold cake layers, place each in sink with hot water touching bottom of
pan for 15 seconds. Unmold 1 layer and place on a serving dish. Spread 1 cup
of Cool Whip on top. Unmold other layer and place on top of Cool Whip.
Completely frost top and sides of cake with remaining Cool Whip. Refrigerate
about 1 hour.  Enjoy!

Wishing all of you a joyous May.  Hope you and your family have many
occasions to celebrate good things this month.

Beth Hillson
Gluten-Free Pantry
800-291-8386 ext. 101
www.glutenfree.com