From:
Diane Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:19:19 -0500

Recently I spent several days in New York City and I would like to share
my eating experiences.  I have included the name, location and menu items
I found to be successful.  I am in no way affiliated with any of these
establishments.  I hope this information can be helpful if you are
traveling to the city.

Brazil Grill on 48th and 8th.  Waitress helpful about eating GF.  Open-
face omelet with asparagus and thai shrimp, pork chops, fried egg, collard
greens, veggies(potatoes, ham, broccoli, spinach and spices).  No cowboy
beans.

Hell's Kitchen  679 9th Ave.  Pork Tacos/guacamole without taco.  Refried
beans and rice, no sour cream.

Druid's  736  10th Ave.  Filet Mignon, mushrooms, veggies and mashed
potatoes with sauce.  Sirloin safe also.  Very helpfu
l with GF items.

Playwright Tavern and Restaurant  49th and 7th.  Corned beef and cabbage
with boiled potatoes.  Helpful with GF items.

O'Lunney's Tavern  46th right off of Broadway(towards 7th).  Corned beef
and cabbage with boiled carrots and potatoes.  Very helpful with GF items.

Gus's Place 149 Waverly Place in Greenwich Village.  Baked Cheese
appetizer, GF bread and garlic butter, chicken souvlaki, grilled lamb,
shrimp, creme brulee, and chocolate hazelnut cake.  22 menu items marked
GF.  Ask for menu from server.

Josie's Place  300 Amsterdam and 74th.  Special omelet(ground beef, red
bell peppers, scallions, mushrooms, thai shrimp omelet with asparagus.
Roasted potatoes.  No noodles.  Fruit instead.  Kitchen staff has book
which they double check orders for any items containing gluten.

Bruno, King of Ravioli   2204 Broadway.  Has a freezer with GF bakery.
ot a restaurant.

Happy eating!