From:
Andi DesJardins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:08:21 EDT

(Part 2 or 2)
=============

Check the "Living Without" spring 2003 issue.  They have several ideas for
vacations and you can order back issues from them.  <A HREF="www.livingwithout.com">www.livingwithout.com</A>

=============

I'm not sure how far you like to travel, but there is a great B&B in South
Dennis, MA on Cape Cod.  They market themselves as a "vegetarian" B&B, but knew
about gluten and were extremely accomodating.  I brought my own bread and the
owner/chef transformed it into wonderful french toast.  She also took it upon

herself to buy GF flour and make me blueberry muffins one morning.  Needless
say, I had a great time.  It's called the Shady Hollow Inn in South Dennis,
MA.  I recommend the front, ground floor room.  Can't remember what it's
called.

=============

My husband and I have traveled from coast to coast staying in B&Bs and have
never had a problem eating at them.  When you check in, talk to the owner/cook
then about breakfast.  It's never been a problem.  If they're planning on
fixing pancakes, they have always fixed me eggs or yogurt/fruit right along with
it and the other guests think nothing of it.  B&B owners will go out of their
way to accommodate you.  Even better is to call ahead a couple of days ahead of
time.  One sweet lady even went out and bought a gf muffin mix and fixed me
muffins.

==============

Mile High B&B" For people with celiac. On New York's fashionable East Side.
Run by a health professional with celiac.  Large bedroom, with its own bath
and entrance.  Located near Central Park, museums, fine g/f-friendly
restaurants, easy transportation, etc. contact: Nan at [log in to unmask]

==============

I've had no first-hand experience, but have heard that the Ormsby Inn in
Vermont is wonderful and will cater to gf needs.  I HEAR what you're saying about
a truly relaxing vacation - can't wait for your summary!!!

==============

My next door neighbour has a B&B ..really  nice and she has had celiacs
before. I help her out with advice plus she cooks for me sometimes.We are in the
Okanagan Valley on Lake Okanagan half way between vernon and Kelowna. It's a
little community with a long street along the lake. It's nice for kids and
safe...good swimming and fishing in July and Aug.I don't know her rates but it's new
and super clean...
her phone number is 250-766-4272
Beachouse B&B

==============

Check the archives because several people have listed specific places.  If
you come to Maine, there are several places but one in particular would be The
Captain Daniel Stone Inn in Brunswick.  One of the chefs has a wife with celiac
as well as one of the
servers' daughter has celiac.  They have a pretty good handle on things if
you let them know.

==============

I know where there is a B & B in Salmon Arm, B.C.  Ladies name is Irene
Thompson. Irene is Celiac. [log in to unmask];   I believe there are
also some on Salt Spring Island in B.C.  There used to be one in Valemont,
B.C.

==============

There is a wonderful B & B in Lancaster County PA that my husband and I went
to.  Wonderful food.  Just let them know ahead of time what your special diet
needs are.  You mentioned your son.  I am not sure if they allow children
there.  Check out their web site at <A HREF="www.artistsinn">www.artistsinn.com</A>

More from Andi:  Thanks again for all the input.  We had it in our minds to
Hilo that we're thinking about trying.  It sure was nice to know that there
are OPTIONS out there.

Peace,
Andi in Alaska

Health & Environment Resource Center