From:
Mindy Kouklis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mindy Kouklis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:41:53 -0700

These are the comments I received from my inquiry about making Chebe Bread
and the Chebe Cinnamon Roll-Ups (namely, that I don't seem to get the right
amount of dough and sometimes have to add water to make the dough mix).  I
asked for advice, and here it is:

13   Said: "Knead the dough-- don't 'mix' it."  It will be dry, but avoid
the temptation to add water.  The package directions are correct, just be
patient.  If you have to, use a mixer, your husband's strong arm, a dough
hook, or food processor to help mix and reach the kneading stage.

6   Said: "I always use more water, too."  (Answers ranged from 'just a
little' to 'nearly twice as much'.)

3  Liquid needs may vary depending on what size eggs you use.

3  "Cinnamon roll-ups gave me the most trouble, too."

3  Don't worry, I end up with less dough than the package states, too.

3  Keep some cornstarch or sweet rice flour around in case you make the
dough too wet.

2  Use less water, especially for making wraps, roll-ups,
stromboli,calzones.  (Drier dough rolls out better and doesn't stick.)

2  Had no success no matter what they did.

1  Try substituting 2 Tbs. of water for the oil called for on the package.

1  Roll the recipes out with wax paper, and you'll get the right amount of
dough.

1  When everything is at room temperature, the dough blends more easily.

1  Read the same question posted here & the threads following it:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=23071.22

1   Use cheese if you like it and are not allergic, etc.  It adds some
moisture to the dough.

1   Wet your hands when you knead it.

1   Flour your hands when you knead it.

1  General Manager of Chebe Bread Products (Dick Reed) said we could call
1-800-217-9510 with any questions or concerns about making Chebe.  (I
thought it was very nice to see that he scans the listserve & looks out for
his customers!-MK)

:)

Mindy from Tacoma, WA