From:
Solange Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:00:14 EDT

Good morning to all,

I just returned from a visit to a dermatology practice recommended by Dr.
Peter Green.  It was an all together pleasant experience considering my fear.
 I went in with a list of questions, which were all answered, and I did have
a full body skin examination, which was not as embarrassing as I had
anticipated.  They do drape you and pull out one limb at a time, one butt
cheek, etc.

I had two biopsies taken and several tests will be run including a
flourescence test.  I also had a discussion of possible treatments should I
prove to have DH.  The doctor seems to think that I do, even though I don't
get blisters, as there are many manifestations and not everybody presents
with classic lesion patterns.  This time I have marks on my left shoulder and
arm, and left rib cage.  I go back in two weeks to remove the sutures and get
the results and treatment plan.

Good news is that the biopsy procedure is not bad at all.  I know some of you
might be afraid to have them taken, but I am the biggest baby of all and it
was literally nothing.  Compared with the itching and scratching I've been
going through, the biopsy was almost like brushing my skin with a feather.  I
am glad I went because I also suffer from a liver disease I obtained after a
blood transfusion in 1974.  Apparently there are a few skin rashes connected
with this, and the biopsies will rule that out (or in) as well.  I am also
under suspicion for corn gluten allergy.  Does the madness every stop?  I
suspected this myself for a long time and have read here frequently of others
who have problems with corn.

I just wanted everyone to know that I was very pleased with the doctor, who
is in Manhattan, so if anyone needs a (painless) biopsy for DH, let me know.

Stay well and happy.

Love and peace,

Libby