From:
Gail Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 19:27:54 -0500

I read the article in LIVING WITHOUT and was intrigued by the PESACH CRUMBS.  In searching the Chicagoland area, I found that Hunarian Kosher on Oakton Street in Skokie, IL had them.  I purchased a few boxes and can't wait to "shake and bake".
But...the BEST find was the cakes.  The carry a line of Passover frozen cakes from a bakery in New York called SCHICK's. I called NY and except for the honey cake, ALL the kosher for passover cakes are gluten free!!! Since they are trying to get rid of last years merchandise, the cakes are all 2 or 4 dollars (normally 9 to 12).  I purchased the chocolate roll and the 7 layer and LOVED THEM!  I have already gone back for 6 more.  If you live in an area with a kosher grocery store, see if you can track them down.

For those of you not understanding the term KOSHER FOR PASSOVER", it means that NO FLOUR is used in these products.  With some products(read carefully) they might use matzah flour-which IS  NOT for us -but these cakes DO NOT.  Within 2 to 3 weeks the bakery will have their website up and running and they will have a spot to click on GF products.  It is
schicksbakery.com   phone # 718-436-8020
Hope this info helps.